Alleged facts we know about Elizabeth Raine per her profile and interviews:
*Age 27 *Female *Height 5' 10" *130 pounds *This height and weight per NIH, makes her BMI 18.7, which is at the very bottom of normal weight. *Measurements: 34A-26-36 *Green eyes *Blond hair *American accent (based on audio interviews, but can't precisely place beyond that) *"Spent the majority of her childhood as an expat, leaving the United States when she was in kindergarten and returning midway through high school." (Elitedaily interview) *Upbringing was "privileged" (Elitedaily interview) *Schools: "Growing up I attended excellent private schools, I have an honors degree in the sciences, and at present I am a medical student at a leading university." (about me on elizabeth-raine.com) *"As a young girl, she played “every sport imaginable” and had a fondness for art." *Family knows (wrote five-page letter to parents), including a brother who disapproves. *Planning for over a year to do this (she has said in interviews. We also know elizabeth-raine.com was registered july 18, 2013, and photos were uploaded to site on December 2, 2013.) *Management team in Australia *Attending "one of America's top medical schools" (Huffington Post 3/21 article) (She won't reveal the year she is in in medical school - 3/19 dailydot article) * "distinguishing features (nothing frightful, I promise) have been removed from my photos" (Tattoos? Birthmarks?)
Born 1986/87: If age 27 in February 2014, she was born in 1986 or 1987. Left US around 1992 Returned to US around 2001/2002 Graduated high school 2004/2005 Graduated college 2008/2009
Last Edit: Apr 7, 2014 16:14:37 GMT -5 by Milowent
I am asked, time and time again and usually by somebody judgy “aren’t you scared to lose your virginity to a stranger?” I always answer truthfully, no, but I usually don’t bother to point out one giant oversight on the part of the questioner. And that is that a part of this experience does actually make me want to crawl under my bed covers for good.
That part, which deeply physically terrifies me (I had a nightmare about it just last night, which is the reason for this post), is the thought of having my identity out. [Interesting. She has read our thread, I am sure.] And before you jump on this as an opportunity to prove some point, let me clarify that it is not because I am ashamed, fear jail time, worry no one will ever love me, or other such nonsense. I fear this outcome because of one reason – the people around us. More specifically, the majority that feels entitled to loudly comment on how others conduct their lives, or do worse. I truly fear and only fear the swift and brutal social backlash that would follow my outing, even though it is a backlash I sincerely believe no one has the right to deliver.
For similar reasons, I find it very ironic when someone tells me, with hope in their voice, “you are going to regret this.” Because I might regret this, but it will not be because I made a bunch of money off of something I won’t even miss. It will be because of the cruelty, entitlement, and self-righteousness of the people making such comments. They pose a real threat, as opposed to the so-called “physical and mental trauma” of losing my virginity willingly and on my terms (and years after most have had this experience).
So, think about it. If you were in my position, what would you be terrified of? Deny it all you want, but it would be the same. If you happen to be one of the commentors I mentioned, or of similar mind, I suggest you think about this even more. You may think you are helping, but take it from me you are not. Alternatively, you may be validating yourself, but you are still the same self-absorbed ***hole. If you think about it, you are not as good as you think you are. And, without question, you are way out of line.
Afterthought (an important one): The same applies for the widespread stigma that surrounds all sex work. We are such an insincere culture on this topic. We claim to care and know what’s best for sex workers (setting aside the fact that this is condescending to begin with), and then we take such pleasure in calling them whores, gossiping about them, shunning them, and denying them their humanity.
Also, FYI, hopefully I will be back with a bidding update within the next few days.
[For the record, I am not interested in outing her identity, I am interested in outing whether this is actually a real auction or some stunt/hoax/study. Enough of the press has been skeptical about this, its a valid subject.]
on the main post which appears when you first pull up her blog...
Future M.D. April 6, 2014 at 5:41 am
Hi ‘Liz’ I attend School with you. It seems you didn’t cover your bases as well as you thought you did. Your trying to shame our School like the Duke girl did. I am deciding now how to expose you before our School, Prof’s, fellow students and everyone else is blind sided. Please don’t take this as a threat, it’s not. I just don’t want a repeat of Duke.
musingsofavirginwhore April 6, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Well, giving you the benefit of the doubt and believing you are who you say you are, the only thing I can ask is please be careful. I would really hate for you to expose the wrong girl to ridicule, because I sincerely doubt you know who I am with enough certainty. And if you do, I would also really hate for you to be the spark to cause another Duke fiasco. Reply
Aero Windwalker March 25, 2014 at 3:11 pm
For some reason I think it is a social experiment. Reply
musingsofavirginwhore March 25, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Haha, it feels like it, but the primary point is the auction.
there's also an amusing guy going by "Plexico" in the comments:
Plexico March 27, 2014 at 6:49 pm
You’ve inspired me! I decided I could use some extra cash, so I followed your lead and started an auction to sell off my Butt Virginity. I’m a dude that’s way older than 27, highly educated, yet no one had ever been up there. I figured someone might want to pay big bucks to deflower me.
Sorry if I’m in danger of diluting the market for unexplored orifices, butt business is business, right. It’s not going so well — so far, the high bid is $6.47 and a 1/2 carton of cigarettes! The bids are coming exclusively from prisons, even though I said I’m not going to sign up for a conjugal visit to deliver their winnings. Liz, I hope your luck is better than mine — maybe I’ll send you the cigarettes I receive as a token of my gratitude for your idea.
Plexico April 1, 2014 at 2:32 pm
I noticed that your contract has a “no anal” clause.
Maybe it’s coincidence, but my auction suddenly shot up to $11.43, a carton of cigs and a homemade shiv!
Thanks, I guess?
she replies often in the comments but I am not seeing any new facts.
Registrar Info Name GODADDY.COM, LLC Whois Server whois.godaddy.com Referral URL registrar.godaddy.com Status clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited Important Dates Expires On July 18, 2014 Registered On July 18, 2013 Updated On March 22, 2014 Name Servers ns1.elizabeth-raine.com 22.214.171.124 ns2.elizabeth-raine.com 126.96.36.199 Site Status IP Address 188.8.131.52 Status active Server Type Apache/2.4.9 (Fedora) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips PHP/5.5.11 Traffic Info 104,473 71,159 Alexa Trend/Rank One Month 77,716 0 Alexa Trend/Rank Three Month
3.8 1.05% Page Views Per Visit One Month 3.8 0% Page Views Per Visit Three Month
Raw Registrar Data Domain Name: ELIZABETH-RAINE.COM Registrar URL: www.godaddy.com Registrant Name: Registration Private Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC Name Server: NS1.ELIZABETH-RAINE.COM Name Server: NS2.ELIZABETH-RAINE.COM DNSSEC: unsigned
welcome "hi", yes indeed it looks like she registered her site anonymously in july 2013. in interviews she has said she has been planning this for over a year, i don't know if that claim is intended to mask the long lead time here.
I've noted another Elizabeth Raine facebook page, a different URL than the one I posted about on earlier pages that Siobhanne later claimed was a hoax. This page, however, appears to date from late 2013, before there was any press about Elizabeth Raine. It also uploaded the pictures on January 18, 2013. However, the facebook page doesn't seem to have been noticed by anyone.
1. We do not know if Elizabeth Raine is really a med student. She has avoided all questions that would prove that she knows anything about medicine. Does that matter?
2. One has to accept she's a virgin; we cannot know, obviously. Is it possible she is a virgin? Yes, certainly. The world is a big place, and the possibility that attractive 27 year old non-religious women exist who are virgins is statistically a certainty (I've looked at some stats.) Only one such woman has to decide to auction off her virginity to make this auction a reality. Of course, if its a hoax, it doesn't matter if the person in the pictures is really a virgin, just that she *could* be.
3. Compared to all prior auctions, Elizabeth Raine's auction has been the most professional and well-planned to date -- by a huge margin. Perhaps comparable only to Natalie Dylan. People have put a large amount of effort into this. Comparatively, Natalie Dylan only released a few photos of herself. "Elizabeth" has released numerous posed photos (about 15 at this point?), a number of which appear to be professionally posed. She reserved her website URL in July 2013, and appears to have started marketing it in January 2014, biding her time until finally getting press coverage in March. She has been willing to appear by phone on numerous press outlets. At a few points, Natalie Dylan's story started to waver; it wasn't really clear how truthful she was being. When Natalie appeared on the Tyra Banks show with one of her alleged bidders, it seemed she was willing to engage in antics to get her story and feminist angles out there.
4. Elizabeth has jealously protected her privacy, by obscuring her face in all photos and carefully concealing all the types of facts which would out her. Even "lonelygirl15" couldn't stay hidden despite huge efforts. Liz's justification for doing this is that it would affect her medical career; but an equally plausible justification is that it would affect whatever real career she has if this is not a true auction.
5. Her justification of just doing this for the money does not ring true. I think she'd have to be mentally unbalanced to go through all this effort, and she does not sound mentally unbalanced in her writings or audio interviews. Its not that women *can't* sell their virginity if they choose to do so, without any stress or duress causing it, but it seems very unusual.
6. She's located on the west coast of the United States, in my opinion.
7. Its a hoax. We may never find out what it was about.
The auction is scheduled to end at 8pm Eastern Time (US) on April 30. I guess we'll see.
Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014 15:54:16 GMT -5 by Milowent
A 27-year-old medical school student who is auctioning off her virginity online is now showing her face five weeks after making her project public.
The student, using the name "Elizabeth Raine" to protect her identity, has been running an online virginity auction since March 31. [actually its been running since december, most likely. but no one noticed. bidding started march 31.] Bidding ends May 7.
Previously, Raine hid her face in photos and declined to answer questions that might reveal her true identity. She has decided to reveal her face to help attract bids from otherwise skeptical customers.
"I actually didn't like the anonymity. People mistake it for shame," she told The Huffington Post. "Plus, there has been some speculation that I'd be outed and I wanted to do it on my own terms."
The current top bid listed on her website is $300,000, but she said she's received bids near $550,000 that she's in the process of confirming.
Raine may be showing her face, but she still fears getting kicked out of the medical school she attends if officials discover she is the "Med School Virgin."
"Lawyers have different opinions on whether I'd get kicked out, but one lawyer I trust believes it won't happen," she said after providing The Huffington Post with passport photos, a student ID and other materials confirming her identity. [So the huffington post knows her identity, but its not revealed in the article.]
Raine claims to have bachelor's degrees in both biology and engineering and is currently completing a combined MD/PhD program.
She was born in the southwest but spent much of her youth in Saudi Arabia where her father was employed in the oil industry.
Raine cites financial gain as the No. 1 reason for selling her alleged purity, but adventure, eroticism, scandal and the chance to challenge norms about virginity also play into her decision.
"I've been planning this for a year and I've had a personal transformation because of it," she said. "I'm more educated about prostitution, virginity and slut-shaming."
Raine said her mother died when she was 10. Still, as tragic as that was, she dismisses dime store psychologists who want to use this incident to explain why she is a virgin.
"I am not emotionally damaged, broken or shut off as a result of it," Raine said. "To the contrary, while it was truly devastating and the only difficult experience I have ever been through, my character and outlook on life are much better for it. I have become more compassionate, strong, motivated, and free in spirit. I have learned not to take life too seriously, but also not to take it for granted."
In the past, Raine said, sex and relationships took a back seat to school and other interests.
"I have a busy life. I am picky and guys were never a priority," she said. "I had other things going on."
Raine cannot help but attract skeptics, given the problems experienced by previous Internet virgins like Natalie Dylan and Catarina Migliorini, who were associated with similar auctions.
However, she said she has been planning this auction for a year and believes everything is in place.
"I'm very cautious [we know!] and detail-oriented," she told HuffPost. "I have confidence that I can execute and control it."
The winning bidder will have to provide Raine with proof that he has no sexually transmitted diseases and is willing to wear a condom. He also may not be under the influence of booze or drugs during the encounter, nor may he attempt anal sex or treat her violently.
Raine said she's is open to kissing the winning bidder, and even holds out a small amount of hope that it might lead to something more.
"I wouldn't rule out love, but it's very unlikely," Raine said.
Raine admits she does have a thing for older men and tall guys, but those factors probably won't come into play for what is basically a business deal.
And she is not interested in losing her virginity to another woman, no matter how financially lucrative the bid might be.
"I'm straight. That would be out of my comfort zone," she said.
In order to circumvent U.S. laws prohibiting prostitution, Raine said the actual sex experience will take place in Australia, where it is legal.
As much as Raine has been trying to control all aspects of the virgin auction, she realizes the quality of the actual sex is not something she can guarantee.
"There will be a legal contract between us," she said. "[The winner] may not be happy [with the sex], but he knows what he's paying for."
While I know they will almost certainly get out, I am going to refrain from using my true name and the name of my university.
I will ask you to please respect this.
Here are a few new things about me:
1. I have a somewhat funny and distinguishing belly button. [explains the photoshopping in part.]
2. I turned 28 earlier this year, and when I did we did not change the age on the website. This was done to protect my identity.
3. I really do love school. I have two Bachelor’s degrees in Biology and Engineering, and I am presently completing a combined MD/PhD degree program. So, while clinical medicine is a very important part of my life, so is medical science. Hopefully it will stay this way.
4. The country in which I was raised was Saudi Arabia. My father worked for the Kingdom’s primary oil company, Saudi Aramco, for close to twenty years. I lived with my family in a small expatriate community until leaving home at the age of 15 to attend a private boarding school in the United States. While my father’s position at Aramco afforded me the absolute best in travel and educational opportunities, it was not lost on me that Saudi Arabia is a country with an atrocious women’s rights record. As an American, I was left untouched (for the most part), but witnessed first hand the very different fates of Saudi women. This is unquestionably a reason why I have been and will always be deeply grateful for my freedoms, my education, and all other opportunities I have been given. It is also a reason why I act fearlessly (despite feeling fear), act as though there are no limits (even though there sometimes are), and detest all social confines.
5. When I was 10 years old, my mother was killed in a plane crash. This is not something I am going to be discussing extensively, but I wanted to be sure and state up front that I am not emotionally “damaged,” “broken,” or “shutoff” as a result of it. To the contrary, while it was truly devastating and the only difficult experience I have ever been through, my character and outlook on life are much better for it. I have become more compassionate, strong, motivated, and free in spirit. I have learned not to take life too seriously, but also not to take it for granted. I am always grateful for the present moment, and I invest myself fully in meaningful relationships while caring little for the superficial kinds. Finally, I have learned that there is always a silver lining, even if you have to make it yourself.
gawd, i'm starting to think this auction is actually real. why does the internet do these things to me!
"2. There was admittedly a tipping point. I had good information that I was going to be involuntarily outed anyways, and I simply could not stand by and watch that happen."
I've not seen any revelation of her identity so far. Presumably some people who know her have realized its her. But I would think the incentive of people to out her maliciously has gone down. When "Belle Knox" the Duke University student/pornstar was outed earlier this year, I saw that the student who outed her got some serious backlash for it.
Okay, so now that we are pretty sure we know her real name and info we have to make sure no one else finds it. I highly doubt random people on the web will be able to track her down and given how small her Internet footprint is and her RL social circle I doubt anyone who knows her is going to out her.
since she doesn't seem to be scamming anyone, so be it. i am a bit concerned for her, though. She has no monetary need to do this. And as much as what she is selling is just a physical act, its questionable whether she can really divorce herself from all the societal baggage that comes with the penis-into-vagina thing.